AIDS 2020 - LPG Local Impact Grant
2020 Local Impact Grant Program
REQUEST FOR APPLICATIONS
The AIDS 2020 Local Planning Group – Scholarship Subcommittee announces the availability of micro-grants for AIDS 2020: Virtual local scholarship recipients.
Any individual from the Bay Area who received a scholarship to attend AIDS 2020: Virtual (whether from the Local Planning Group, from IAS, or another source) is eligible to submit an application. Collaboration amongst scholarship recipients and between community-based organizations and scholarship recipients is strongly encouraged.
Range of Awards
The initial amount of an award, per applicant, may vary, up to a maximum of $5,000 for any one applicant. If you collaborate with other scholarship recipients, you may apply for up to $10,000 total.
Grant Period and Use of Funds
Applications will be reviewed and grants will be awarded by August 1, 2020. Projects expenses must be incurred by October 31, 2020. Funds may only be used to pay direct costs related to the proposed project, such as supplies, incentives, logistics, catering, event space rental, rental equipment, travel, etc. Funds may not be used for equipment purchases, living expenses, conference attendance or educational travel.
Funding Areas of Focus:
Implement an idea you learned about at the conference. Project ideas can include elements of the following:
- Education: Host a Training, Teach-Back, Town Hall or Community Forum (e.g. HIV Awareness Days or an AIDS 2020: Virtual Teach-Back).
- Art: Create public art such as activations, exhibits, or installations.
- Media: Produce a video project or create digital tools and resources.
- Service: Direct service may include COVID-19 emergency response efforts, purchase of HIV home-testing kits, support groups, creative provision of basic needs, etc.
- Leadership: Create a project that supports local leaders (e.g. peer education training, direct action and community mobilization trainings, etc.).
- Advocacy: Includes projects that support local, state, and national advocacy efforts.
- Activism: Includes direct action planning costs and supplies (e.g. banner-making, bottled water, masks, etc.).
- Wellness: Host a retreat, health and wellness activity or gathering.
Projects under $5,000 are not required to be fiscally sponsored by a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. However, projects for over $5000 will require a fiscal sponsor. If needed, we can offer assistance to find one for you.
Project activities must take place in the SF Bay Area region.
All grant recipients are expected to attend a group Zoom call in September to report on progress made up to that point.
The final report form must be submitted no later than 15 days following the project completion, including an itemized expense report, a statement of what was accomplished, photo and media highlights (if applicable), and relevant links. Information submitted in final reports may be shared in whole or part with our funding sponsors. We will supply the necessary reporting forms.
Applications are due on Friday, July 17, 2020 by 5PM PST. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered. All applications must include the following materials:
- Applicant Information
- Project Description: 1,000 word maximum
- Budget and Explanation of Budget (click for link: template)
- Project Timeline
- Fiscal Sponsor Agreement / Copy of Tax Exempt Status (optional)
Please e-mail one single-sided copy of your application materials to:
AIDS 2020 – LPG Scholarship Subcommittee
C/O CrossBay Together